11 Madison Ave
New York, NY 10010
- October 5th, 2008 – a bunch of friends eat a burger so delicious, at Arthur’s in Hoboken, NJ, they decided to start a blog about it called “Burger Conquest.”
- December 30th, 2008 – 21 Burgers later, they eat at one of their favorites, NYC’s Trailer Park. They discover that none of their fellow burger bloggers have had the same pleasure. They call them out in their blog.
- December 31st, 2008 – A Hamburger Today, the Rolling Stone of burger blogs, if you will, reaches out to Burger Conquest pleading forgiveness with the promise of “burger porn.”
- May 5, 2009 – The NY Times reports a story about a group of men dedicated to the art of eating called, “Burger of the Month Club.”
- May 20th, 2009 – Adam and Robyn from A Hamburger Today, Jason from Burger of the Month Club, Kenji GoodEater.org and myself (Rev), Jackie and Paul from Burger Conquest gather for what may be the most momentous occasion in the history of burger reporting. We all had a burger together! The planets aligned at NYC’s famous burger stand in the park, Shake Shack, touted by many to be the best, or at least the closest location to all of our day jobs.
So what do we call this? Meating of the Minds? The NYC Burger Con? The Burgermeister’s Bash? Group Therapy? Burgers Anonymous? You could but I just call it..
You read the blog, you’ve eaten the burger and you know we gush like too much Shack sauce over the tasty treats available to you at the Shake Shack. So rather than spew drivel on about how out of this site the combo of 25% brisket + 25% chuck + 50% sirloin comes together to make the Shack burger so good, let’s talk about what goes into a few paragraphs and photos for your enjoyment.
We all met up in line at the Shack in Madison Square Park and played a little game of “get to know my blog.” We had more than enough time as the line was all the way around the back of the park, which on a day this nice, is no shocker. Once we were sat with our cardboard boxes full of happiness, the magic begun. Whereas most people would just chomp down on the vittles, us “foodies” bust out with cameras for a little game of “slap and pickle.” Pain stakingly staving off our desires to go face first into the food, we maintain our journalistic oath to bring you good burgers.
We’re such nerds. Not only is everyone else in the park laughing at the “tourists” taking pictures of their food, but Adam from AHT gets recognized. I was secretly jealous.
Some good food, some good talk, some good ideas and the promise of meeting up again and next time…destination, Trailer Park.