There’s no need to mince words or get crafty with prose, many parts of our wonderful country, including my home of New York City have suffered as an effect of Hurricane Sandy. This tragedy affects everyone in our Nation whether you live in the area or not. Please do what you can to help where you can so that we can get back up on our feet as quickly as possible.
- NYC – Email email@example.com with your name, email address, and borough.
- Red Cross – Visit and sign up at nyredcross.org
- USBGNY: The United States Bartenders Guild of New York is looking for and organizing volunteers and or bars in need of help to clean up their establishments. Sign up at http://bit.ly/USBGNYVolunteer
- Donate directly to NYC Hurricane Sandy Relief via the Mayor’s Office.
- Txt REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10
NYC is in desperate need of blood donations. Please schedule an appointment with the New York Blood Center.
“Occupy Sandy is a coordinated relief effort to help distribute resources & volunteers to help neighborhoods and people affected by Hurricane Sandy. We are a coalition of people & organizations who are dedicated to implementing aid and establishing hubs for neighborhood resource distribution.” Click this link to see how & where you can donate and or volunteer.
If you live in an area affected by the storm, one of the best things you can do is spending money with locally owned businesses. They are the lifeblood of local economy and need our support to help our communities. Here is a fantastic post on GrubStreet in regards: