If you’re coming over to my house for a party or you’re inviting me, you can pretty much count on me giving you tasty Food and or great Craft Beers. I mean seriously, take a look at my recipe for Breakfast Meatballs With Maple Drizzle and you’ll know I am a great house guest. How about the holiday treat known as Polish Mistakes, or my No Apologies Meatballs. If I really like you, I’ll whip up a batch of the Bourbon Soaked Bacon Beasts that Bobbly Flay asked me to make. Point being, I love to cook and I especially love to grill so when my amazing wife asked me if I would throw her a Birthday BBQ, I knew I had to come up with something EXTRA special.
VENISON BACON BURGERS
Before I get into the recipe, let me tell you that I can take credit for 3 things here:
- Taking the pictures
- Doing the recipe justice
- Serving them to my friends
But I can’t take credit for the recipe, I got it from the fine people at Allrecipes. It’s a great site to research if your cooking needs some inspiration.
- 8 slices Bacon, minced
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons minced Garlic
- 2 Shallots, minced
- 2 pounds Ground Venison
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Egg, beaten to mix
- 6 Hamburger Buns
*Note, I did up the Garlic & Bacon a little and served them as Mini Burgers instead of full sized patties. Makes about 12 Mini Burgers.
1. Cook Bacon in a skillet over medium heat until browned and crispy. Pour Bacon and grease into a heatproof bowl and allow to cool.
2. Chop Bacon into small pieces.
3. Heat Olive Oil in skillet then add Garlic and Shallots. Cook and stir until softened, about 3 minutes; then add to Bacon.
4. Once cool, mix in Venison, Worcestershire Sauce, Parsley, Salt, Pepper, and Egg until evenly combined.
5. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
6. Shape the mixture into patties. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
7. Carefully grill the Patties to desired doneness, I highly suggest a medium rare.
8. Serve and watch your friend’s eyes fly out of their skull after only one bite. These things are so good that you shouldn’t need any toppings, just a nice Bun. But feel free to add a little Mustard and or Cheese.
It’s a pretty difficult, intense and involved process to make the Venison Bacon Burgers. At my house, I don’t like to make guests wait on Food so while I was prepping the Burgers, we put out a massive spread including an AMAZING tray of delicious Cheese, Meats, Veggies and Nuts from Murray’s Cheese Shop. Their catering tray’s come with my highest endorsement.
THE BURGER COUNTQUEST
February 11, 2012
Happy Birthday baby. I love you to no end an am constantly inspired by your kindness, wit, passion and drive. I figure I needed to say something nice (and true) since I made Venison, which you can’t stand, for your birthday. XOXOXO.