How To Install HitTail and Use Organic Keywords to Target Burger Fans To Your Blog
In-N-Out Review BurgerFi Philadelphia TGI Friday’s Burger Breakfast Sausage Meatballs Brother Jimmy’s NYC Taylor Pork Roll Best Burgers NJ Gourmet Burger Bar Ideas Jake’s Wayback Burgers Peter Luger Porterhouse Best Burger NYC Keizo Shimamoto Venison Hamburger Recipe Peter Luger Steak Sauce
To you, that probably reads like a bunch of nonsense. A string of words that neither forms a sentence that makes sense or a complete thought in paragraph form. That’s because it isn’t meant to be. Those are keywords, organic keywords that has lead people to this blog. In fact, it might be how you ended up reading this very blog post.
I got them from HitTail. It’s a service that helps to quickly deliver important organic keywords that are driving traffic to your website. Google Analytics is a great and free service that helps you understand the traffic on your website. It’s incredibly complex and delivers a lot of data. Anyone who is versed in it’s abilities has seen the words “not provided” underneath their key words section. These words are some of the most powerful search terms that are leading people to your site.
For me, words like “burger,” “nyc,” “cheese,” “review,” or “hamburgers” would seem like obvious keywords, and they are. But they aren’t driving traffic for someone who wants to find the best Burger in NYC or more specific information like a review for In-N-Out or a recipe for Breakfast Sausage Meatballs. Those are very specific searches that are indeed on my blog and it’s a utility that I can provide. Had I not used HitTail, I would’ve not uncovered the importance of some of these precise keywords that generate traffic to Burger Conquest and The Burger Week.
How to Quickly Install HitTail On Your Blog
If you write a blog, go to their website and sign up for a free 21 day trial. It’s very easy to use and you’ll be impressed with the results.
1. Go to HitTail.com and click on “Sign up for a free trial.”
2. Create your HitTail Account by enter in your email address, choose a password and enter your website.
5. In a new tab or browser, go to Google Webmaster Tools. If you aren’t logged into your gmail account, you will need to. If you don’t have a gmail account, you will need one.
9. Once you’ve logged in, Google Webmaster Tools will ask you to verify that you would like to give permission to manage the domain. Click “Accept.”
18. Go back to HitTail.com and click the “Activate!” button. If you cannot find it, check your email for a link from HitTail. Click that and you will be prompted again to “Activate Google Keywords.” (<– Or click that link)
21. Once they’ve had a chance to collect data, you’ll be able to sort by Score. This is one of the best parts because it ranks your keywords by their ability to drive you traffic. The higher the score (more stars), the more value the keyword will bring to you.
22 Steps might seem like a lot but you should be able get this done in 10 minutes or less. Then you are on your way to using some of the most important and specific organic keywords to drive more traffic to your blog.
Send me a tweet @BurgerConquest and tell me what you think about it.
So with that, here’s a play to get some web traffic using my top HitTail keywords. Below are some titles with links to reviews based on those words along with some delicious images of Burgers and other food.
Some of the Best Burgers in NJ
Rossi’s Tavern in Trenton, NJ
The Windmill in Redbank, NJ
White Mana in Jersey City, NJ
Shop Rite Village Food Garden in Livingston, NJ
Arthur’s Steakhouse in Hoboken, NJ