Tis the seasoning for holiday parties. So before you leave the house in that ugly Xmas sweater with two deer going playing hide the Christmas Elf, fax pictures of your tail end to your bosses’ wife at the company party or upchuck spiked Egg Nog on your Aunt, you’ll want this. Nothing makes people happier, or in this case forgiving, than tasty vittles. Be sure to arrive with a tray of my No Apologies Rosemary Meatballs to soften the blow.
NO APOLOGIES ROSEMARY MEATBALLS
10 ounces ground Beef (Chuck works best)
6 ounces Sweet Italian Pork Sausage, skin removed (in NYC, I suggest Esposito and Sons)
4 ounces Hot Italian Pork Sausage, skin removed
1 1/2 cups Panko
1 large Egg, lightly beaten
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh Rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried
1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
Coarse Salt and Ground Pepper
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
3-4 Strips Bacon
*Makes about 2 dozen Meatballs
1. In a large bowl, combine Beef, Italian Sausage, Panko Bread Crumbs, Egg, Garlic, Rosemary, Lemon Juice, 1/2 teaspoon Coarse Salt, and 1/4 teaspoon Pepper. Mix just until combined.
2. Fry the Bacon in a pan and do NOT throw away the grease. I suggest the gourmet Boss Hog Country Bacon from Baconfreak.com.
3. Line a glass pan with the Bacon Grease & 1 Teaspoon of Olive Oil.
4. Form 1″ Meatballs and place into pan.
5. Bake for approx 25 minutes at 350 degrees in the oven.
6. Serve with your favorite Red Sauce. I’d give you my family recipe, but it’s a secret. If you really want to make a hit with these, make your sauce fresh and don’t use from the jar.
7. Enjoy a night of apology free holiday partying.
Want to take it up a notch? Try my recipe for The Single Best Spicy Pork Meatball Sandwich Recipe On The Entire Freakin Planet.