I like eating, especially Burgers. I like telling people about it, especially through Social Media. In fact, in certain circles I am known as “The World’s Most Socially Connected Burger Blogger.” To some people, the world of Social Media is pretty intimidating and with so many great Social Networks out there, how do you know which to use for which purpose. Allow me to break it down like this…
- Twitter – I am eating a Burger
- Facebook – I like Burgers
- FourSquare – This is where I eat Burgers
- Instagram – Here’s a vintage photo of me eating a Burger (in a Blizzard.)
- Youtube – Here’s a video of me eating a Burger
- LinkedIn – My skills include Burger eating and blogging
- Pinterest – Here’s a Burger Recipe
- LastFM – Now listening to “Burgers”
- Google+ – I am a Google employee who eats Burgers
- Foodspotting – Look at this Burger I am eating
- Untappd – I am drinking this Beer with a Burger
- Tumblr – When I’m not eating a Burger, I’m doing this
- Wikipedia – The Burger was created by and when
- Flickr – Here are pictures of the Burgers I’ve eaten
It’s my passion for Food & Social Media that lead me to create The Rev Meter for Social Community: “The Rev Meter” is a social community meter for assessing how optimized a bar or restaurant is with social networking. By taking what I consider to be the 5 most important social networks and creating a 10 point system, I can accurately assess how well your business is using social networking as a tool. My goal here is to educate and assist great business to better effectively use these tools.
[Insert Restaurant Name] scores a [number] on The Rev Meter for Social Community
4 points or less You’ve missed the 5 basics and are less than optimized
5 points You’ve covered the basics, which is better than most but far from optimized.
6 to 9 points You’re doing better than most and on your way to becoming a well respected social community whiz.
10 points Congrats on a perfect score!
Thanks to Three Ships Media for the inspiration. They did this with a very, very, very funny yet completely correct instagram post about donuts. As per their website: “Three Ships Media is a digital agency that serves ambitious, innovative clients who view online marketing as a critical element of their customer acquisition strategy.” Most of my post was borrowed from theirs with a couple additions. Hilarious.